To promote family unity, U.S. immigration law allows both American citizens and green cardholders (i.e. legal permanent residents) to petition for their foreign relatives to come live legally in the United States.

There are two main types of family-based immigrant petitions: immediate relative petitions and family preference petitions.

Immigration law changes frequently. For case specific information about family preference and immediate relative petitions, it’s in your best interest to consult with a our immigration lawyer.

Contact us for a consultation